July 2006
The month of July is somewhat of a mystery to me. I remember coming home late one night from a friends drunken pool party and when I checked my phone I thought to myself "Holy shit, how the hell is it July first already?". I am pretty sure the next time I checked the date it was August.
Athough time moved very quickly that month, July marked one very significant event for me. My move from West Chester back to my parents house in Reading. This was a really weird time for me because as soon as I left West Chester it was almost like I never lived there at all. When I did go back to visit during July it always made me feel really uncomfortable. Being there was a heavy reminder that the life I had made for myself over the past four years was now over and I wasn't in college anymore, which was something I had a really hard time dealing with.
During the first week I did get to go to Rehobeth with my family to visit my grandmother who lives down there. It was nice because not only was I at the beach, but I also got to spend a few days with just my family which isnt something that happens very often. Other than this trip, I really cant name too may specific things that I did during the month of July, and yet time flew by so fast. I think all I did everyday was go to work, come back to my parents house, and go to bed by 11:30 every night for lack of anything else to do. With all of my friends still in other places there wasnt a whole lot going on, which only added to my uneasiness of being at home.
They say time flies when you're having fun but I am pretty sure it can also move just as quickly when you're bored out of your mind. The month of July did have one huge plus. The return home of Joey Coombe. One night, in late July I got to spend the evening with Joey, Pamela and Shannon, which was something that hadn't happened in almost a year. We had a great dinner that included avocado milkshakes, followed by a show at the Khyber. Due to the fact that Joey and I are such hipsters we left early to walk in the pouring rain to Transit for the Diplo after party. This night was also very significant to the month of July because it was at the Diplo party that I first heard SexyBack, which then became my obsession for the rest of the summer. I think that night Joey and I also saw an MTV VJ but to this day I am still not 100% sure.
Overall, I would say July of 2006 was extremely boring for me and also a time of frustration and confusion because I had no plan of what to do next with my life. The fact that it went so fast helped to make everything a blur and looking back I am glad that it moved so quickly since it wasn't exactly the best month I ever had. July was a total transition period for me and change isn't something I handle very well, especially when it isn't exactly a change for the better, but somehow I made it to August. Mostly with the help of my friends and alcohol.
By Becky
Athough time moved very quickly that month, July marked one very significant event for me. My move from West Chester back to my parents house in Reading. This was a really weird time for me because as soon as I left West Chester it was almost like I never lived there at all. When I did go back to visit during July it always made me feel really uncomfortable. Being there was a heavy reminder that the life I had made for myself over the past four years was now over and I wasn't in college anymore, which was something I had a really hard time dealing with.
During the first week I did get to go to Rehobeth with my family to visit my grandmother who lives down there. It was nice because not only was I at the beach, but I also got to spend a few days with just my family which isnt something that happens very often. Other than this trip, I really cant name too may specific things that I did during the month of July, and yet time flew by so fast. I think all I did everyday was go to work, come back to my parents house, and go to bed by 11:30 every night for lack of anything else to do. With all of my friends still in other places there wasnt a whole lot going on, which only added to my uneasiness of being at home.
They say time flies when you're having fun but I am pretty sure it can also move just as quickly when you're bored out of your mind. The month of July did have one huge plus. The return home of Joey Coombe. One night, in late July I got to spend the evening with Joey, Pamela and Shannon, which was something that hadn't happened in almost a year. We had a great dinner that included avocado milkshakes, followed by a show at the Khyber. Due to the fact that Joey and I are such hipsters we left early to walk in the pouring rain to Transit for the Diplo after party. This night was also very significant to the month of July because it was at the Diplo party that I first heard SexyBack, which then became my obsession for the rest of the summer. I think that night Joey and I also saw an MTV VJ but to this day I am still not 100% sure.
Overall, I would say July of 2006 was extremely boring for me and also a time of frustration and confusion because I had no plan of what to do next with my life. The fact that it went so fast helped to make everything a blur and looking back I am glad that it moved so quickly since it wasn't exactly the best month I ever had. July was a total transition period for me and change isn't something I handle very well, especially when it isn't exactly a change for the better, but somehow I made it to August. Mostly with the help of my friends and alcohol.
By Becky
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home