Thursday, April 06, 2006

March 2006

Today is April 1st. I know this only because I for once have a computer in front of me to say it. Yesterday I was oblivious to the fact it was March 31st. I've been traveling nearly every day for the past month. Starting the first week in March, I've been to Normandy, Paris, Rome, a central Italian farm, Barcelona, Ireland east to west to east, Amsterdam, and now for a few days Dessau, Germany. Other than the occasional train or flight, time could screw itself.

It's been incredibly relieving to not worry about time. I wonder if there will ever be a point in life where one can just not give a shit about it. Maybe that's retirement, but even then, yer counting yer days. I've never liked time. What is it anyways? A cursed measurement of the earth's spin in relation to the sun? Was it supposed to make our lives easier and more efficient? Its so much easier to be unefficient. As I'm done a month of generally not giving a shit about what day it is or how late, and the end of my school break soon approaches, time is creeping back and waving in my face.

I only have, let me count.... 4 months left abroad. I don't feel like I've learned as much as I should have. Funny how looking back, I can say "What the hell did I do with the 7 months time's given me?" And then I realize what a gift it was. I still have four months to see what I havent and learn what I want. Still, I don't like time. It's too fast and I'm too slow. I guess I could hurry up, but that would be efficient, and I think I'd miss something.

Slow down time, you've got no where to go!

I suppose I could pick up pace.

By Tom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home